6 posts tagged frosting
Sue’s chocolate cake. This one’s for Shannon.
Chocolate buttercream frosting. This is super yummy, and makes lots. For the cake recipe, go here.
- 1 1/2 cups butter (3 sticks), room temperature
- 6 cups sifted powdered sugar (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup half and half or milk
Cream the butter with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in the sugar, cocoa, flavor extracts. Add enough half and half or milk until frosting reaches a good spreading consistency.
These are my Jackson Pollock brownies with mint buttercream frosting before I cut them into bars.
More St. Patrick’s Day sugar cookies with buttercream frosting :)
To see the Christmas ones and get the recipe, go here.
St. Patrick’s Day sugar cookie with buttercream frosting
For the recipe, go here.